Wednesday, April 15, 2015

150 Years Ago


Today is the 150th anniversary of the death of President Abraham Lincoln. 

Yesterday's NY Times proclaimed "Abraham Lincoln, the One President All of Them Want to Be More Like" http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/us/politics/abraham-lincoln-the-one-president-all-of-them-want-to-be-more-like.html

His sayings are legendary ... a few of my favorites:

“Citizens may swear allegiance to one party or the other and believe with all their might that they are right, but once an election is passed, and until the next election, they should be one people.”

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”  

“Tact: the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” 

- - - Pete Stenson 

No comments:

Post a Comment