Friday, November 5, 2010

Time to Move Forward

   Well,  enough of the back and forth !   
   Time to press on with the business of the  Town and  to accomplish  some of the  goals  that face  this new  Town Board !    While it  was fun to assist in another   campaign victory ,  it is now time to get to work .                                                                                                        
     The tentative Budget for  2011  was  presented this evening , and a fair amount of people attended. It      was  good to see the mix of  residents  in the  room.   Phil and Sue were present and seemed generally         excited about  being there !   I saw   Jack and  Nate , Pete , Ray and  several others  that  are now  present at most  Board  functions, and I must say , it really seems so much more  relaxed   !                              

As one of the many residents  that has a  personal interest in this new  Board,  I'm  giddy  with anticipation   about  the  possibilites that face  the  Town of East Greenbush.  I'm not  shy about my  enthusiasm for the    Fed-Ex  project.  I also am well aware of some of the concerns  of my  friend  Dwight and others.            
 I'm not  afraid of the  Route 4 traffic and  traffic circle  issues, in fact I'm weirdly intrigued by them ! 
  
 I drive Route 4 every single day and am well aware of the  traffic flow issues.   I have  confidence that  D.O.T.   design  engineers have a  full grasp on the problem and will be able to mitigate most   concerns.  

So , as we progress thru the  holidays  , I ask each of you  reading this  the  following :  if you  were allowed one  single  thought  for a  better  East Greenbush  - what would it  be?   
     Keep it  clean  and  comment  away                                                                                                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Cudos to Officer Mike Condo for speaking up. He has been a police officer for many years and obviously knows the ins and outs. He has my support 100%.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete